Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Elite Goalie Camp
Lead Instructors: Dave Caruso and Allen Schneider
Location: OhioHealth Chiller North - Lewis Center, OH
Date: June 12-16, 2017 (Monday-Friday)
Level: Must have played travel or high school hockey. Others need to be approved by Coach Caruso.
Ages: 14 years old and older
The Elite Camp is designed for goaltenders who want to push themselves to the next level. Goalies will work on conditioning, goalie specific agility and movement in the morning session. In the afternoon, goalies will be split into groups to work on save techniques, selection and game situations. We will also focus on competitive and battle drills. We will teach new and innovative drills that professional and collegiate goalies are currently using.
We will have a mix of current college and junior level goaltenders to help give insight to the campers about what it takes to succeed and push their game to the next level. Due to NCAA restrictions, we can not use their names or likenesses.
- 12.5 hrs on ice goalie specific development - goalie power skating, technical and game situational drills
- 7+ hrs off ice conditioning to be lead by top trainers in Columbus. Training will include yoga, hand-eye coordination, flexibility, balance, and quick/active hands
- 3.75 hrs of video and goalie seminars on topics such as goal setting, motivation, emotional regulation, self-control, positive attitude, coping with pressure, team work, managing energy levels, preparedness, perseverance, situational awareness and choosing the right equipment
- Video review (NHL clips and current camp's goalie work)
- Varsity, AAA, Junior, Collegiate, or Professional level shooters
- Max 3:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Lunch is provided everyday
Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Elite camp’s typical day
- 9:45am: Check In
- 10:00-10:20am: Warmup
- 10:45-11:45am: On-Ice - Goalie Specific Power Skating
- 12:00 - 1:00pm: Off-Ice Conditioning - Yoga/Athletic Development
- 1:00 - 1:30pm: Lunch
- 1:30 - 2:15pm: Classroom Development - Video and Goalie Seminars
- 2:30 - 4:00pm: On-Ice - Station work - Technical and Game Situations
- 4:15pm: Checkout
Each camper will receive a jersey, water bottle and “swag bag.”
Raffles and prizes from the following sponsors: Ohio Health Chiller Ice Rinks, Vaughn Hockey, Vice Designs, Caruso Hockey, Harbor Yoga and more.
For more information, please contact Coach Dave Caruso - email@example.com.
|Upcoming Events (See all)|
Chiller Travel/Select Developmental Series
For upper level players looking to improve skills in the off-season. March 20 - May 26, 2017Darcy Cahill. 10 Practices/10 Inter-Squad Games.
Developmental Girls Hockey Camp
10 Practices and 10 scrimmages for birth years 2006-2010. Coached by Darcy Cahill.
Skate Into Scouting - Quarterly Scout Skate
Free skating event for Scouts ($7 per person for friends and family, includes skate rental).
|Chiller Blog(See all)|
Intro to Skating Basics - "Drop-In" class - $20
Join us for an introductory skating course. "Drop-in" to one or more classes. Ages 6 and up, all levels welcome.
Volunteers Needed for Columbus Blue Jackets Winter Park presented by Worthington Industries
Volunteers are needed for the skate rental tent and tubing hill. As a thank you for volunteering, the Columbus Blue Jackets will be providing two complimentary tickets to a CBJ home game during the 2016-17 season.
Private Skating Sessions at Winter Park presented by Worthington Industries
The Columbus Blue Jackets Winter Park presented by Worthington Industries is excited to offer rink ice time for select time slots from Friday, February 3 - Sunday, February 26.
|Hockey Schedules (See all)|
|Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Adult Stick & Puck|
|Drop-In Hockey Ages 14-17|
|Saturday Night Hockey|
|Stick & Puck Ages 13-17|
|Stick & Puck Ages 5-12|
|Winter Park Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Winter Park Adult Stick & Puck|