Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Fundamentals Goalie Camp
Lead Instructor: Dave Caruso
OhioHealth Chiller North
8144 Highfield Drive,
Lewis Center, OH
Dates: June 24-28, 2018 (Monday-Friday)
Ages: 6-16 years old
SaveMaker Fundamentals Camp is perfect for the players who want to focus more on the fundamentals of playing goaltender position. This camp is designed to give goalies the opportunity to enhance their technical save techniques, save selections and goalie specific movements through a variety of drills and game-like situations. We will breakdown the goaltender position and the specialized skills needed to help goaltenders improve and feel confident in their game.
We will have a mix of current college, junior and varsity high school level goaltenders to help give insight to the campers about what it takes to succeed and push their game to the next level. Due to NCAA restrictions, we cannot use their names or likenesses.
- 7.5 hrs on ice goalie specific exercises - goalie power skating, technical and game situational drills
- 7+ hrs off ice development to be lead by top trainers in Columbus. Activities will include yoga, hand-eye coordination, flexibility, balance, and quick/active hands
- 3.75 hrs of video and goalie seminars on topics such as goal setting, routines, positive attitude, team work, preparedness, and choosing the right equipment
- Video review (NHL clips)
- Max of 3:1 camper to instructor ratio
Chiller-Caruso SaveMaker Fundamentals typical camp schedule:
- 8:15-8:40am: Warm up
- 9:00-10:30am: On-Ice - Fundamental and Save Techniques
- 10:45-11:45am: Off-Ice Conditioning - Yoga/Athletic Development
- 12:00-12:45pm: Classroom Development - Video and Goalie Seminars
- 12:45pm: Check out
Each camper will receive a jersey, water bottle and “swag bag.”
Raffles and prizes from the following sponsors: OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rinks, Vaughn Hockey, Vice Design, Caruso Hockey, Personal Best Consulting, Harbor Yoga and more.
For more information, please contact Coach Dave Caruso - firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Upcoming Events (See all)|
One Hockey Labor Day Weekend Hockey Tournament
Finish the summer hockey season with a bang! August 30-September 1, 2019. 4 game minimum. OhioHealth Chiller North.
2019 Hockey Equipment Sale
Recycle the game - donate used hockey equipment and receive CBJ tickets.
Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres
|Chiller Blog(See all)|
CAHL Practice Ice Now Available!
Keep your team on the ice and get the edge on the competition!
USA Hockey Coaching Clinics
Columbus Blue Jackets And USA Hockey Coaching Education Program Are Pleased To Announce Coaching Clinics
Donate Used Hockey Equipment and Receive CBJ Tickets!
Recycle the Game by donating new/gently used equipment at any OhioHealth Chiller Ice Rink. Donate during the months of July and August and receive tickets to a Blue Jackets game!
|Hockey Schedules (See all)|
|Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Adult Stick & Puck|
|Drop-In Hockey Ages 14-17|
|Saturday Night Hockey|
|Stick & Puck Ages 13-17|
|Stick & Puck Ages 5-12|
|Winter Park Adult Drop-In Hockey|
|Winter Park Adult Stick & Puck|