Perani's Pond Hockey League
Perani's Pond Hockey League - SUMMER 2023
View divisions and team contact list >
Download 8U Recreational Schedule >
Download 10U Recreational Schedule >
Download 10U Competitive Schedule >
Contact Hockey Director Rob Schriner with questions - firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Pond Hockey?
Pond Hockey is high speed, high scoring, end-to-end hockey action without the pressure of the regular season scores, standings and format! It’s a chance for players to handle the puck, get creative, and play like they’re out back on a pond. And the best part is while the kids are having fun, they’re focusing on skating, stickhandling, passing, shooting and backchecking/forechecking.
All games will be available live and on demand through Live Barn.
Please note: All participants skate at their own risk.
- 6U - 4 on 4 half-ice, coaches on ice, no scorekeeper
- 8U Recreational/Competitive - 5 on 5 full-ice
- 10U & 12U - 3 on 3 full-ice. Competitive and recreational divisions are offered. Competitive will be made up of select/travel players while recreational division teams will tend to have predominantly first year players and beginner players (no travel players in this division).
- 14U - 3 on 3 full-ice. Players in this age group may have played JV high school, House or Travel Hockey. Recreational division teams tend to have house or JV players. Competitive division teams will have predominantly travel players.
- 16U/18U - 3 on 3 full-ice. Upper and lower divisions are offered. Players in this age group may have played Varsity High school or Travel Hockey.
Please sign up at level played during the 2022-2023 season.
Registration must be made as a team and requires team name, coach name, all rostered names, 2022/2023 teams played, birth years, USA Hockey numbers and email addresses by March 1st. Sign up by March 1 and receive a free practice! Practices will begin the week of March 13 and we will try to have all or most practices completed before the start of game play on March 25. In early March, team managers will receive an email with a link to sign up for their free practices. We will offer several choices, first come first served, including a variety of dates, times and locations.
Your first payment (50% deposit or full payment as designated by you on registration form) will be processed on March 1. Remaining balance (if applicable) will be processed on March 16.
- 6U (half-ice games): $1,100
- 8U/10U/12U/14U/16U/18U (full-ice games): $2,050
- 50% of fees due by March 1; remainder due by Mar. 16
- If signing up as an individual, per-person fee will be calculated once the roster is finalized.
- Minimum 10, maximum 18 players per roster (including subs). For 8U, roster of 16-18 recommended.
- Chiller reserves the right to assign individual registrants to team rosters to make sure every player finds a team.
- Only 13 maximum can dress in a game (including goalie).
- Team/Coach contacts will be posted online.
Need a team?
- If you are an individual without a team, we will try to find you a team or try to create a draft team of individuals.
- Spots are not guaranteed, but we will try our best and keep you posted.
- Register your individuals seeking a team >
- No Icing will be called (play will continue)
- Delayed offsides
- Stoppage of play for goals, offsides and penalties
- Clock stops only if injured players
- NO CHECKING
- Penalties result in penalty shot
- Players with 3 or more penalties will be ejected from game
- Max of 3 goals per player
- Any team or individual wanting to play UP a division, must secure approval from Rob Schriner
- All players MUST sign in on scoresheet prior to each game (Coach/Team Manager to assist young players)
- 16U18U - only 5 same-school varsity players per team per OHSAA regulations
- All players must be valid USA Hockey members (USA Hockey numbers must be provided to team manager)
- Three 15-minute running time periods
- Timeclock will stop only if a player is injured
- All teams must have a USA Hockey certified coach
Get ready for Pond Hockey Play
Each team will receive one free, half-ice practice with registration. Practices will begin the week of March 13 and we will try to have all or most practices completed before the start of game play on April 1 (March 25 for 14U/16U/18U). In early March, team managers will receive an email with a link to sign up for their free practices. We will offer several choices, first come first served, including a variety of dates, times and locations. For questions, please contact Mazin – email@example.com.
Register your team >
Already registered and need to submit your roster? Click here to submit roster >
Individuals seeking a team >
For more information, contact Hockey Director Rob Schriner - firstname.lastname@example.org.